Admission at North Jersey Recovery Center
We understand that seeking help for your drug or alcohol abuse is no easy feat. It has taken you a lot of courage and self-reflection to get to this point, and now that you’ve decided to conquer your addiction, you are already making progress.
To be admitted to North Jersey Recovery Center, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a substance use disorder.
- You must be at least 18 or older.
- You must be able to participate in our treatment programs.
We also aim to treat people with a co-occurring substance use disorder and mental illness such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, eating disorder, depression, or bipolar disorder.
If you meet these criteria and hope to get treatment for your substance abuse, look no further than North Jersey. We treat people ages 18 and older who are suffering from addiction or drug abuse, and we help them get on the right track to sobriety. Our facility has several programs that are designed to fit your needs and schedule, whether you need to attend school, go to work, or you have a severe addiction that needs constant care.
If you meet the initial admissions criteria, one of our representatives will call you for a phone interview. During the call, we’ll discuss the following:
- Insurance information: Our representative will go over which types of insurance plans we take, and we’ll determine whether your treatment will be covered.
- Your drug and/or alcohol use: We’ll ask you about your substance of choice, how much you’ve used it, and how long you used it before seeking help.
- Personal information: We’ll record your basic information, including your age, birthday, social security number, gender, and address.
- Medical history: We’ll take note of any illnesses you’ve had in the past, as well as any hospital visits.
- Rehab history: We’ll ask you if you have been to treatment for any previous addictions, and whether you completed said treatment.
- Family history: It’s important for us to know if you have a history of addiction in your family.
- Mental health history: If you have any mental illnesses, we need to know about them. We’ll also need to know about any medication you’re currently taking for it.
Once you are cleared for admission to North Jersey Recovery, we will set a date and time for your arrival.
What to Bring
- Shirts (long- and short-sleeved)
- Sweatshirt or fleece jacket
- Shoes, boots, or sneakers
- At least 7 pairs of underwear/undergarments
- Any prescription medications you need (not expired); they must be in their original bottles with written orders from your physician
- Eyeglasses if needed, and one backup pair
- Contacts with cases if needed, and two backup pairs
- Two inhalers if needed
- Two Epi-Pens if needed
You’re going to be at our center for at least 30 days, so make sure you bring enough items that will last you that long.
What Not to Bring
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Tank tops
- Mouthwash, toiletries, or washes with alcohol in their ingredients
- Bottles containing liquids that have been opened
- Aerosols (hairspray, paint cans, etc.)
- Sunglasses, unless they are prescription
We don’t want any items brought into our center that may endanger your safety or that of our other patients.
What to Expect When You Arrive
It’s natural for you to be nervous when you come here for the first time, but our staff will make sure your treatment process is safe and comfortable. You may have already spoken with one of our representatives over the phone. When you arrive at North Jersey Recovery Center, you’ll be greeted by our admissions team. They’ll then go over the necessary paperwork before you officially begin your program.
Once you start, you’ll begin the admissions process and get settled in.
- Onsite assessment: Although a representative will have assessed you before your admission, we will conduct one final round of questions when you arrive. We will make sure to collect any necessary information from you, including emergency contact information and people we’re allowed to speak to about your progress. We’ll then evaluate your situation by going through your medical history and family history of any illnesses, as well as any relationships, educational background, trauma, employment history, and legal history you may have. The main thing we want to know is any relapse history as well as any addictions you’ve had in the past. This all may sound overwhelming, but our staff must learn about you in detail to create an individualized treatment plan that will benefit you!
- Item dropoff: At this point, you can leave any electronic items that you’ve brought with you (cell phone, tablet, laptop) in our care, knowing that your belongings will be safe with us and ready for you when your treatment is complete! Also, we will just review your personal items to make sure that everything is permissible.
- Getting settled: After we take your assessment, you’ll meet with our medical team and get prepared for treatment. Once the assessment is complete, we’ll help you get settled and you’ll meet the other members of our facility. We’ll also give you your daily schedule of activities and meetings, and you’ll also meet with your licensed mental health counselor. He or she will schedule the best time for your first meeting so that you can get acquainted and determine your goals for therapy.
You’re in Good Hands at North Jersey Recovery Center
We know that facing your fears can be scary, which is why at North Jersey Recovery Center, our full attention is on you. We put your care, treatment, and recovery first. Your progress here is completely confidential unless there are any friends and family who are allowed to know about it.
Regardless of where you are in life, whether you’re 18 or 48, our team at North Jersey Recovery can help you get to where you want to be. We are fully staffed with some of the best health and addiction professionals in the state. Each one will work closely with you and your family to achieve your desired outcome.